My career in the furniture industry dates back to 1989 when I started working in the furniture repair and warranty business. This provided me with some early insight into the manufacture of sofas and chairs, as well as the fabrication of all types of leather.
I went on to spend many years supplying superb leather furniture from all over Europe, and was often called upon to run training courses on the features and benefits of leather, something I was always very enthusiastic about!
My previous membership of the Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA) has provided me with in-depth knowledge of the UK’s furniture fire regulations, and I've played a part in establishing the design and comfort standards of furniture.
Having paid many visits to furniture factories and tanneries over the years, and attended a number of courses at the British Leather Technology Centre in Northampton, there really isn't much I don’t know about furniture, and, more specifically, leather and fabric recliners.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about us or our chairs? Look below for frequently asked questions. If you can't find what you're looking for, please get in touch!
- Do you have a showroom that I can come to so I can try before I buy?
- Unfortunately not. We're a family-run online retailer, which allows us to keep our prices competitive and our service personalised. While you may not be able to try them for yourself, I have nearly 20 years of experience with these chairs and use them often, so rest assured I can answer any questions you may have regarding them.
- Do the chairs come assembled?
- No, the chairs come packaged inside a cardboard box, as to protect them as best we can during their time with our couriers. Assembly isn't rocket science, however, it can be fiddly. With your order, you'll receive my personal tips and tricks that I use when assembling chairs myself. We have a record holder of a 75 year old lady who assembled 2 chairs in 3 hours, with a tea and biscuit break after completing the first!
- When can I expect my chair? How will I know?
- Deliveries for most light chairs are typically a fortnight from the day you order, but we try our best to make it as few a days as possible. We ask you to provide a mobile number where possible, so DPD can text you on the day of delivery with a time slot. Don't worry, if the day doesn't work for you, you can change it from your phone to a day that works best.
- What's a heavy chair, and what is their delivery situation?
- I'm glad you asked. Heavy chairs consist of our riser recliner range, as well as the a few bulkier recliners such as the Houston, Panama and the Valencia. Delivery for this type of chair at the moment is typically 3 to 4 weeks due to a backlog during lockdown.
- Do you charge for delivery?
- If you reside on the mainland, the delivery fee is included in the price. However, if you're on an Isle or Ireland, we have to charge due to using a sea freight courier service. This charge varies from model to model.
- What can I do if there's something wrong with my chair?
- Simply send me an email with the photo of the damage or the problem at hand, and rest assured we'll get it sorted in no time. I work closely with my service team to ensure any problem is resolved, whether it be sending new parts or a technician out to you. If nothing can we done, we will replace it for you.
Get in touch today & let me find you your perfect recliner!
- 07894 683672
- 01934 750110
- Email Me